Saturday, March 9, 2013

Canadian Open 2013 - running my first blood bowl tournament

Well the weekend has arrived and I am going to be running my first blood bowl tournament, woot!
1st, 2nd, 3rd, stunty, spoon, most tds, most cas, canuck attitude, best team
Here are the trophies I made for the tournament - I found some beaver models at a dollar store and sprayed them gold/silver/bronze.  We have 14 players participating, and the rule set has encouraged a lot of diversity in the races being brought.  There is only one duplicate and that's norse which isn't' surprising.

I will try to tweet lots of pictures & such, so I moved the twitter box over to the main page for the weekend.

5 comments:

eriochrome said...

Looking good. I hope everything runs smoothly. I just loaded Blood Bowl Legendary back on my machine and reminded me how out of practice I am.

Paul O'G said...

I highly respect appreciate those who go above and beyond for our hobby, particularly those who run demo games, participation games and competitions. I wish I could come (one day maybe!) but instead wish you the very best for a FUN tourney that you get a lot of satisfaction from.

Your trophies are awesome! The Beavers are great- I hope that is Canadian Maple they are mounted on!

Tristan M said...

Thanks guys

Unfortunately not canadian maple, they are just cheap things from a craft store that my buddy stained.

This tournament is the curse of the TO - whichever game I am watching draws failed GFI, tripped dodgers and skulls for blocks. Been quite fun actually!!

Axtklinge said...

Those look great!
Fantastic idea using those beavers, congrats mate!
Cheers!

MIK said...

Very nice array of trophies! Good luck to you, that's very cool you're TO'ing a tourney, looking forward to the aftermath reports.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...