Thus - after the first three matches players from the teams participate in an old GW mini game called Brewhouse Bash - the rules for which can be found here. The winner of the bash game will get a small boost to their blood bowl team going forwards.
The TO (grant85) is a top notch guy, very supportive of everyone else's tournaments, engaged and involved in; recruitment, setup/clean up, etc. I had suggested to him to build a custom Brewhouse Bash board - he just didn't have the cycles to devote to it. So wanting to do something cool for him I decided to have a go - I wanted this to be a surprise hence this is a scheduled post for that weekend.
So first up I did this design diagram so I knew what I had to build, based on the board section graphics in the PDF.
|mark spaces for features|
|glue down squares for stones|
|two rows of double thickness card for walls|
|sprayed grey + lined black between stones|
|sprayed with Krylon Make-it-Stone textured spray paint|
|paint gaps black and glued into picture frame|
In between while stuff was drying I was building all the features that weren't stone tiles or the walls. Some loose boxes I just cut squares of double thick card and glued cereal packet to the outside. The fermenter used floral water tube caps and some straws along with some water effects. All the wooden stuff was build with popsicle sticks, I tried to give it some height without being fully 3D. Finally I did the bbq after finding a good video about painting hot coals, I used a couple 40k biker bases glued together to make the metal "tub" part and followed the tutorial for painting.
|glued thin card to squares cut from double thickness cardboard|
|made this fermentor from the caps off floral water tubes|
|larger features like the tables, etc. got square outlines|
|how the toilets were put together.|
|here the table is stained with a couple coats of seraphim sepia|
|booze crates - I used a different stain colour|
|the completed stairs/balcony|
|made the bbq with a couple 40k biker bases|
As it was finished I would glue the pieces in - once everything was done and had a day to fully dry I gave it a nice heavy coat of gloss varnish and then a quick light shot of dullcote (that stuff is expensive!) I wasn't planning to but the gloss was very high.
I'm gonna give myself 40 painting points for this, it was a quite involved "terrain" style project - very happy with how it came out and I hope to apply some ideas I got to more terrain. Hope you like it Grant!