Monday, May 11, 2015

WIP Raptor Legion CC scouts

One of several projects I have ongoing at this time is getting these Raptor Legion scouts painted up. Our house is quite dry and I am starting to find paints dried out - I didn't want this to happen with the last of my gryphonne sepia so I decided to get these guys painted sooner rather than later.

One difference from the rest of my Raptor Legion marines is these guys have some cloth - to keep a limited palette I decided to use dheneb stone for the cloth similarly to the weapons.  They are also covered in holsters and pouches - this is where I need your help.  Should I do those dheneb stone as well or add another colour to the mix - a leather type is my thought.  Opinions?



3 comments:

Rando said...

If this were Necromunda I'd agree with the leather for sure. For 40k I'd go with the same colour as the armour.

Now I don't have a 40k army so I'm no expert. I do find though that on the tabletop you gotta go with what looks good from across the table. I feel as though scouts just want to be in their army colours.

Tristan M said...

I hear you, unfortunately the camo style I've done doesn't look good on holsters and it would make these models the visual version of intelligible - if that makes sense.

I think I've figured out what I'm gonna do. Hopefully it works. Thanks for the comment dude.

Mordian7th said...

I think a darker leather color would set off the lighter fatigues nicely - the darker brown and green would compliment and make the lighter color pop that much more.

Looking good so far, man!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...