Thursday, May 1, 2014

playing with the FOLDIO & green background (green screen)

Just for fun I tried setting up a "green screen" type shoot with a few figures. I used the FOLDIOs green background and just poured extra flock that matched the bases all over the figures. Then I used photoshop to remove the background and just googled some images to put as the new background. Not that pleased but being my first attempt I'm not overly fussed. The horizon is clearly off as are the colours comparing the two layers.
first attempt
Things I figured out are 1) the FOLDIO material both the box and the background are made out of have a natural attraction for flock and the like, so they will need some quick cleaning before being used again. 2) Finding the correct angle to get the "horizon" right but still show off the miniatures is tough. 3) I probably need to use some kind of filter tool in photoshop to get the colours to look right.

Any tips or good websites to check out?

1 comment:

Paul O'G said...

I've always wanted to know how to do this too so am watching with interest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...