Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Terrain Quick Hit - Basing the Imperial Firebase

I have had this cardboard and bulkhead Firebase built for years - frequently used in Necromunda as well as 40K battles, I decided it was time to give it a base, since I don't want it to become as beat up as my power station did.
After the success of the texture spray paint for the brewhouse bash board - that is what I went with for this base.  At first I tried adding some volume to the base using hot glue in various places - don't do this! It didn't stick well to the MDF - it worked well enough to stick the Firebase down but any loose hot glue peeled off very easily.

Anyways - a quick hit I gave myself 5 points for this.  I spent some time with a pen to colour up the cardboard and use super glue with a brush applicator to stiffen it and protect it.

1 comment:

Darryl Hunt said...

Your base looks good fella, pen on the edges makes a big difference, like the texture spray it works well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...