Monday, March 22, 2010

Canadian Open 2010, Result = Wooden Spoon!

Result! As suspected I ended up with the CO 2010 Wooden Spoon - It wasn't as cut and dry as it may seem though, as after the first day (and night spent playing ZOMBIES!!!) I couldn't fall asleep at all (*cough* adam snores *cough*) and at 7am I decided to just head home, since I know I am a super bitch when I don't get my sleep and the guys were so good they didn't deserve that. Yes I will forever be known as the guy who missed the second day. Luck (or lack of it) was with me though as my trend of poor results infected Eric and apparently he suffered a couple of terrible defeats as my stand in. I do have Isaac's eternal gratitude though as the other newb he managed to avoid taking home the Wooden Spoon with a win on the second day.
Above is the team I used during the tournament, 2 mummies, 2 wights, 3 ghouls, 2 zombies and 2 skeletons. It was a resurrection style tournament so I took the extra ghoul and prayed for regen to protect my other players. Well unfortunately folks just took out all my ghouls anyways and I was left with scoring being a difficult proposition. I managed one touchdown over three games the first day, causing Thomas much duress with that tie.

Congrats to Dan for the double, Adam for second place, Rob for third place, Peter for most TD's and a big thanks to Eric the T.O. for everything, including stepping in for me (and continuing my trend), allowing me to take home the expected Wooden Spoon. I was also really impressed with everyone's teams and I definitely will not be winning best team with any "dip" paint job. The next tournament is the Challenge of Q'ermitt last weekend of April and I will likely bring my Orcs as most of the team is painted and it's only a month away.

5 comments:

eriochrome said...

Sorry to hear you got pounded. Maybe next time you will have some better results.

Cawshis Clay said...

Kudos, good sir! You participated and you lost. Big. So big, they rewarded you!

As they say...go BIG or go HOME. In this case, you went big and went home with a spoon! Congrats!

deathkorps said...

At least it's a nice looking spoon... :)

Tristan M said...

a very nice looking spoon and i believe a very suitable first award for a team based on the '76 bucs

Tnoussis said...

I just love the title of this post.

Result = by(some kind of messed up dimensional portal) = wooden spoon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...