Monday, February 17, 2014

second marauder commando

Just a quick one today to show off the second marauder I've finished. That's half of the first four figures I've put together. I hope this camo scheme works well on the ripper suit. Tried to keep the palette very limited.
I would also love some suggestions for paint scheme for the mawbeast I've assembled in this post. I decided instead of using some green stuff to cover up the miscast bomb, I cut the bomb part off anyways since they haven't made a bomb-less mawbeast yet.

3 comments:

Axtklinge said...

For the beast, how about some camouflage pattern with tones close to the ones the marauders are using?
Google this "gecko" for images: Paroedura bastardi.

May make sense since it looks like some sort of predator.

Tristan M said...

Hmm, I really like that idea! I think I may need to make some brush/stamps with some circular bits of foam to manage the pattern.

Think I might skip the grey basecoat colour and use the lighter grey primer as the skin tone - just throw a wash over it. Thoughts on the mane of hair? Maybe a yellow?

Axtklinge said...

Maybe adding a lighter tone (possibly the yellow you mention), to the main colour you use on the skin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...