I've practically finished up my necromunda pit slave gang. Gave them a light dip and left to dry. Then I did the bases by gluing some techy bits down, painting them and adding a mixture of various sand/rock flock - the rest of the base was painting black. A spray of dullcote followed by a few touch ups to cover up some dipping accidents (some blood on a few arms and the barrels of guns) leaves just a thin layer of mud to finish up the base. I left the mud until last because I'd like it to keep a bit of a gloss (impossible with dullcote)
I can't wait to get a game in with these guys. I'm currently sealing my recently reacquired escher gang, so I hope to get some nice pictures from the next couple battles using completely painting gangs. I'm planning on using Anthony Cases updated rules. I'm already collecting bits to make some more arms. Since I've actually glued armour bits onto all of the plastic models, I'll probably use something like skill rings to represent actual armour plates in game terms.
For the amount of effort I put into these minis, they look great. Dip + Dullcote = Win. I got excited, built all the models, painted on a base coat, dipped and then some basing and touch ups. I'm really happy with the "piece of crap" tone they have, obviously being cobbled together from spare junk.
Finally - I will also have no problem playing these guys as servitors in my Space Marine armies. I've tried to make the bases very busy so they will kinda blend in with whichever marines I'm using. Also why I've kept the rims black. They should be right at home with my marines - guess I should get that thunderfire cannon built!