Thursday, September 2, 2010

Latest necro gang - Pit Slaves!!

Thought I would throw up a couple photos of my progress on the pit slave gang.  As I literally hacked these together from old junky bits (as evidenced by metal plates I just glued to their bodies) I just went for simple base coat with a very limited palette of skin, green, gray, silver, tin.  I did undercoat the metals, and alternated between brown and black.  I alternated the metal colour too to try and get four tones.
I added five more arms today (30 total), and now can legally arm each of the fourteen models.  Sorry about the photos, neither are great shots, as I still plan to give these guys a bit of a dip - I'll take some better photos later. I'm sure the dip will tie everything together well - a diluted version produced extremely good results for some earlier necromunda hired guns.  Then all that will be left to do is the bases.
I had been inspired to get this complete by my planning a large necromunda campaign.  I haven't seen the kind of response it will require so it might not be the right time.  Instead I think will start another small home based campaign.  I essentially have two Spyrer gangs, I'm getting my Escher back (painted, yippeeeeee!!!) on Saturday and now this gang is practically complete and easily tabletop worthy.

2 comments:

Akozz said...

Great job man. Magnets are great use in necromunda since your gang is changing and You don't want to chop of their arms each time. I would give them a wash to make metal parts less shiny.

Tristan said...

That's what the dip is for (dip = wood stain). It will do an even better job than a wash. Check out the hired guns link to see what I mean.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...