Monday, June 1, 2009

Necromunda @ 2HD... Game 1

Sorry for the lateness of this post. On Friday we got our Necromunda campaign started up at Two Headed Dragon. We have three gangs all rolled up (Cawdor, Enforcers, Spyrers). I decided to play the Spyrers as we already had a Cawdor gang, someone is borrowing my Escher (painting it too, hence the drop in my mini queue) and I didn't want to play test my Genestealer Cult gang again so soon. Also I've been itching to try the Spyrers as they are so different from everyone else.

We setup a beautiful board with a couple copies of the Necromunda card terrain with some additional stuff. Very terrain heavy made it a great game. I got completely smoked, 4 out of 5 Spyrers out of action at the end of the game (3 from rolling 4+ for man down at end of the game), they even had to give me a break when my Orrus died outright!

Afterwards I went through the Spyrer rules again and found tons of little tidbits I need to be aware of for next game to make my guys more resilient. Been a while since I've played so I forgot some Spyrer special rules & some other factors that would've made them harder to hit.

I'm going to work out some house rules for folks not playing games, the idea being everyone can schedule games at any time, so you should have enough time for 1 game a week. I'm also going to try and get a chronicle type newsletter going to increase interest. We have five guys playing right now, a couple more would be perfect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...