Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Badab War HQ - Novamarines got some paint!

I showed these guys off back in January, Blaylock on the left assembled only, and Durja on the right without banner and some details.  I've gotten Blaylock up to a similar level of tabletop suitability and done up the banner for Durja.   I haven't done any highlights except for some drybrushing on some of the marble effects, but I haven't done any highlights on the rest of the Novamarines so maybe it can just be something I do to the whole army when I get there (maybe it should say whenever..)
Blaylock (FW) & Durja (FLoT)
I've been definitely struggling with "batch" work of late, so a couple character models I can pick at and just paint what I want as I please have been helpful in feeling constructive.  I still want to do something more to Durjas force weapon, and I plan to paint some freehand on Blaylocks bare shouderpad.  I've based them so they look pretty close to done and I don't mind using them as much in games, but I can still work on them piecemeal.

ps. Blaylock allows your terminators to become scoring so I have plans for another terminator assault squad.  I have all the pieces except I need 3 more storm shields with the Novamarines chapter icon.  It looks like the icon I've used on top of Blaylock.  I have other storm shields I'd be happy to trade if anyone can help please get in touch.

2 comments:

Porky said...

I love the styling and colours on these guys - there's a strong classic feel. I'm wondering where you got the flail; it even looks a little like an old Epic titan tail.

Tristan M said...

I've tried to incorporate some classic elements, like they both have the sgt arm or crux w diamond gem. libby gets blue, captain black, sgt red, colours I found in my RT book.

The flail is actually a hanging brazier, I know it's a citadel bit but not what it's from. It used to have a little tassel hanging and I obviously bent it into shape.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...