Saturday, April 28, 2012

Astronomi-mini-con: preparation

Just a quick post up for now, today my buddy Mike (shiftedmatrix.com) ran a small tournament in preparation for this years Astronomi-con.  Astro last year was a blast and I was looking forward to it this year, but unfortunately it has fallen on the same date as Zlurpeebowl this year to which I have already committed.

Regardless Mike's mini-tournament (full details here) would be a fun day of 40K on some tables of amazing terrain with good people, so I was still planning to go.  The compromise I made was to just run a very similar list to last year, since my Space Sharks would need a lot of painting to get 1,500 points painted - whereas I wrote up a list for my Novamarines that swapped out the FW special character I used at last years Astronomi-con and swapped in a dreadnought (already painted) and 2 more drop pods (which I needed to paint)
regular and dreadnought drop pods
So over the past few days I got these drop pods painted up so I could run a fully painted army.  Definitely one of the best things about astro is the amazing armies and I didn't want to be running any grey plastic.  This was another nice chunk of this army painted, just leaving some assault terminators, some extra special/heavy weapons choices, some scouts and a second land speeder storm to reach what I expect the limit of this army to be.  It's nearly 75% completely painted now and I have made some major updates to the army page (including painting chart) so check it out!

I will put up a little series of short battle reports from Astronomi-mini-con in the next couple days - I am completely bagged right now but I just wanted to claim the 20 painting points for completing these two vehicles!

3 comments:

Adventures with Peps said...

Very nice drop pods. Glad to see your Novamarines are still growing too. Hope the mini tournament went well for you and I look forward to reading about it.

Axtklinge said...

Very nice pods!
I've just checked the rest of your army and I've gotta tell you, I really like how the colour scheme 'works' in large masses of troops!
Congrats!

Tristan M said...

Thanks guys, on soldiers the quartering is pretty tough, but on vehicles it's damn easy using tape to mask off the sections.

I got a lot of compliments at the tournament for my army. I got 17/30 for painting score, which is pretty good considering I had no display board and this is really a tabletop quality army. The scheme is very striking and that works in my favour compared to a single colour scheme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...