Sunday, August 16, 2009

Badab Hammerheads done

Got some spare time to spend painting so I made the most of it and hustled through finishing the other four hammerheads. I'm going to wait until I have a decent amount of mini's before I start doing their mud bases. This also gives me a chance to think about any differences the bases might (should?) have. The brown does show off the mustard armour quite well, but doesn't really make me think 'tranquility'. Any of you folks out there have any ideas to spice up these guys' bases a bit?


It was a nice break to paint up these guys. Trying out new techniques is always interesting. I'd like to increase this squad to 10 men (still debating what if any special/combi-weapons to take) though I could always use my Deathwatch Heavy Bolter Space Shark (seen here) in a pinch. The hammerheads get a CCW, Scout & Move through Cover so any weapon upgrades should hopefully work well with that combination. The Power Fist will cover the odd vehicle, but for the most part these are troop munching machines, without anything beyond their base wargear. Thoughts?

ps. I'm at 70.4% of my PP goal of 250 points, meanwhile we're 62.5% through the year - leaving me around 8% ahead of schedule.

4 comments:

jabberjabber said...

With the bases, I'd be tempted to go with a Badab theme -- figure out what planet they're fighting on and try to match that to the base?

Tristan M said...

The planet is tranquility (used to be Mantis Warriors homeworld) the yellow camo is strange so I'm having problems imagining what the world looks like. Any ideas to use yellow/grey for vegetation?

jabberjabber said...

The best I can come up with is canola field plantations...?

KRUG said...

great progress on these Marines..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...