Friday, February 27, 2009

distraction!

Well it was bound to happen. Of course I have about a week to finish my rhinozerback for the BoLS challenge, but I didn't have the right green for the weapons which means a delay until I can buy one tomorrow. So being bored I pulled out the Undead Blood Bowl team I primed a couple weekends ago. I know, I know, I should be finishing my Orc extras - but I just felt like doing something different and I have been planning to experiment with painting the Undead team.

Basically wanted to try a paint scheme where there are minor colour variations, and I do plan to try my hand at dipping these guys in wood stain. So I came up with this - basically a wash over main 'dead' area with a cool colour (blue, green or purple - I've got a light and a dark of each), with a drybrush of some type of flesh (dwarf for zombies, bronzed for ghouls, elf for vampire) or bleached bone. I plan to use a very dark grey for most of the clothing, with a rusted/bronze metal colour and some orange details.

light/dark purple wash
elf flesh/bleached bone drybrush


light/dark blue wash
bleached bone/dwarf flesh drybrush


light/dark green wash
bronzed flesh/bleached bone drybrush


Any comments on the colour scheme? Hopefully using just dark grey and orange/orangish (rusted) metal colours will tie the team together - while still having some variation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know very little about Blood Bowl but these guys look interesting.
The colour schemes sound fine, so i look forward to seeing them after they are dipped.

Tristan M said...

You definitely wanna get into blood bowl. The madness knows no bounds. The rules are free online, so just build up a team - the new plastic WHFB regiments are excellent source material.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...