Friday, October 30, 2009

Shrike... but not Shrike

I just finished up my Raptors version of Shrike. Just the plain Shrike model painted in my Raptors scheme. I didn't really lavish attention on him as the whole raptors 'washes' paint scheme is more speed over quality. This model also wasn't the best cast - There were some big gaps around the power connector of his right lightning claw, and I think that a whole little piece of detail is missing under his right arm. I won him as part of winning the Tale of 2HD Gamers at Two Headed Dragon.
The only thing I really did other than the paint job was the decals. Standard army badge on the left leg, and I found a yellow winged claw with a tiny S rune in the wing on a sheet of chaos decals. You can just see it in the leftmost pic.

It's nice getting to play with the SM named characters and using the various chapter tactics. Shrike is the third special character I've used. My Novamarines includes a 'counts as' Telion & Tigurius. Using Shrike has whet my appetite for some assault terminators. Also making me think about painting another special character. I have a Cassius conversion for my Space Sharks and a Pedro Kantor model (with 15 Crimson Fists painted already) available. NO. Must focus on wargs. Arrrggh. Oh and I just realized I haven't written on his purity seals at all, better do that now!

10 comments:

jabberjabber said...

I like this Raptors version of Shrike -- it really works well. All those little details with the decals (the tiny S rune) contribute nicely to the overall finish of the model.

Tristan M said...

Thx m8, now all i need is another suitably avian sounding name beginning with S. ;)

Cawshis Clay said...

Brilliant color choices! I love the way this guy looks...rugged and behind enemy lines!

Birdish names: Snipe or Swift. Or Swallowtail. lol. I like Snipe. I bet you can play around with that one!

When are you going back to your fists? I demand Cantor!

Tristan M said...

I'm aiming to get 30 wargs painted - I need to get them assembled for next weekend to prime them, but who knows!

Col. Corbane said...

He's turned out quite nice for a quick job. How long did he take?

Tristan M said...

he took just under four hours to paint.

Tnoussis said...

So you won again eh? for the fantasy tale of thd gamers?

Tristan M said...

Hey thomas, no this is actually part of the prize from the competition you took part in, i got the AoBR box and remember there was no third place? Shrike was my split of third.

Tristan M said...

Already joined bro, it's in the blue column :)

Adventures with Peps said...

Yeah I say just after posting hahaha. I added your blog to the list under misc. as you have so many Badab armies.

Great work on these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...