Monday, March 9, 2009

A good day for toys

Well today had a few surprises in store for me - three in fact! A bunch of stuff I had coming to me from trades and purchases all arrived at once.
  • Got a box of moria goblins I had coming from a trade to add to the 60 odd I have already.
  • Got my order from a local (same province) retailer which was some more evil LOTR stuff to round out the gobbos I've already gotten a bit, including a shaman, captains and a mordor siege bow (will use as counts as spear chukka). Still on the fence with these guys as it took 7 days to contact me that an item was on back-order, and then after confirming I was still getting the free paint brush set through email my order didn't have it. Waiting on a reply.
  • Also finally got my stuff from a long ordeal with an online retailer. Basic premise was a friend purchased a box of AoBR and called to make arrangements for the Space Marine portion to get mailed to me. Well 48 days later after many many emails I finally got a box from the retailer. While it did have a number of extra goodies, including an extra AoBR captain, a Pedro Kantor and a Rhino chassis - it didn't have any of the bases!! Will never deal with this particular retailer again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you got plenty stuff to keep you busy.
I love walking into a GW store and having the item in your hand straight away, but i can't always justify it as the prices are pretty steep when you can save 25% online.

eriochrome said...

Make sure you add a comment to the growing From the Warp retailer reviews for the bad vendor.

Tristan M said...

Already have a draft for the FtW retailer reviews for the 50 day ordeal. I need to speak to Ron as I technically wasn't the purchaser. Will give the other store some time to respond.

Tristan M said...

Have heard back from the store missing the brush set. We'll see how long it takes to receive it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...